Summer 22 programme expanded just weeks after launch, in response to demand
- Thousands of additional seats on sale to a range of summer hotspots giving customers even more choice and flexibility
- TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS – MALAGA (COSTA DEL SOL) and LARNACA (CYPRUS) – added to Summer 22 line up
- Expansion means a choice of 35 sun and city destinations now on sale from Bristol Airport for Summer 22
- ‘Magnificent’ response from customers at newest base in response to reputation for delivering real package holidays, says Jet2holidays CEO
Just two weeks after launching an exciting Summer 22 programme from Bristol Airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has put on almost 400 additional flights to a wide range of popular hotspots in response to demand for Summer 22 holidays.
On top of this, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has also added another two brand new destinations for local holidaymakers to enjoy in Summer 22 – MALAGA (COSTA DEL SOL) and LARNACA (CYPRUS).
This means Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has a total of SIX brand new summer destinations on sale for Summer 22 from Bristol Airport (including Paphos, Alicante, Bodrum and Dubrovnik), taking the number of destinations on sale from its newest base for next summer to 35.
Since announcing its Summer 22 programme two weeks ago, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has seen strong demand from customers looking to get away for some much-needed sunshine. The company has been quick to respond to this and has today announced additional flights to a huge 19 destinations, representing thousands of additional seats on sale. The destinations seeing more capacity are: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Menorca, Faro, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Halkidiki, Kos, Rhodes, Skiathos, Zante and Paphos.
This represents almost 400 additional flights in total, giving customers fantastic choice when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations. (A full breakdown is provided below.)
The company will operate to the popular Costa Del Sol via Malaga for the first time in Summer 22 from Bristol Airport, giving holidaymakers direct access to beach classics such as Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Fuengirola, as well as glamorous Puerto Banus and Marbella. In addition, the introduction of Larnaca in Cyprus means that locals can enjoy stellar beaches, ancient ruins and party hotspots with a range of resorts such as Ayia Napa and Protaras to choose from.
On the back of this expansion, key highlights from Bristol Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays includes:
- BRAND NEW MALAGA (Costa Del Sol) – up to three weekly services operating from 31st March until 29th October.
- BRAND NEW LARNACA (Cyprus) – up to two weekly services operating from 1st May until 24th October.In addition:
- Turkey – up to 13 weekly services operating to four Turkish hotspots. This includes up to two weekly services to BRAND NEW Bodrum, as well as Antalya (up to five weekly services), Dalaman (up to five weekly services) and Izmir (weekly services).
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning up to 13 weekly services in total. This includes up to five weekly services to Tenerife, up to three weekly services to Lanzarote, up to three weekly services to Gran Canaria and up to two weekly services to Fuerteventura, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – including BRAND NEW Malaga, there are now five destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from including Alicante (also BRAND NEW with up to three weekly services), Reus (up to three weekly services), Girona (weekly services) and Costa de Almeria (weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to seven weekly services), Ibiza (up to four weekly services) and Menorca (up to three weekly services).
- Portugal – plenty of choice with up to five weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira.
- Greece – fantastic choice of 12 Greek destinations, with up to 20 weekly flights operating during peak periods.Customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up to two weekly services), Corfu (up to three weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly services), Skiathos (up to two weekly services), Santorini (weekly services), Kos (up to two weekly services), Kalamata (weekly services), Lesvos (weekly services), Preveza (weekly services), Rhodes (up to two weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to three weekly services).
- Cyprus – as well as brand new Larnaca, the company is also introducing summer services to Paphos in Summer 22, with up to two weekly services giving great choice when it comes to reaching the Cypriot sunshine.
- Italy – weekly services to Naples and Verona.
- Croatia – weekly services to BRAND NEW Dubrovnik means holidaymakers can reach stunning waterfronts, unspoiled islands and a beautiful medieval city.
As well as booking and travelling on award-winning flights and ATOL protected package holidays from Bristol Airport, customers get to experience and enjoy the company’s VIP customer service which has seen Jet2.com and Jet2holidays repeatedly win high-profile accolades such as Which? Recommended Provider and TripAdvisor’s Best Airline – UK and Top 10 Airlines of the World.
This VIP customer service includes friendly flight times, as well as a generous 22kg baggage allowance and 10kg hand luggage allowance through a flight-only booking with Jet2.com, which saw the airline win five accolades at the 2020 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® Awards for Airlines; or that very same VIP customer service, in-resort Customer Helpers, transfers, free child places and ATOL protection with the UK’s second largest tour operator, Jet2holidays.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes. This includes Jet2.com and Jet2holidays ranking as the number one and two travel firms for providing refunds, according to a travel refund cancellation survey of more than 77,000 people by MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE). In addition, Jet2.com was recognised as the only UK airline to promptly provide refunds without significant backlogs, following a review by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Since we announced the launch of flights and holidays from Bristol Airport, the response has been absolutely magnificent. Our reputation for looking after customers and delivering real package holidays has really cut through, and we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through from customers and independent travel agents as a result of that. Customers clearly want their all-important holidays to look forward to, so we have responded quickly by adding thousands of additional seats to a range of brilliant hotspots from Bristol Airport. We haven’t stopped there, and we are delighted to be adding two more brand new destinations for customers to choose from for Summer 22, with Costa Del Sol and Larnaca joining Paphos, Alicante, Dubrovnik and Bodrum as brand new summer destinations next year. This growth, and the response to our Summer 22 programme, shows how much customers want to get away with an award-winning airline and tour operator to the sunshine.”